Igor Tudor reveals true impact of Tottenham injury crisis but makes promise for Arsenal clash

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Remote Image

Interim head coach Igor Tudor will take charge of his first Tottenham match when they face Arsenal in the Premier League this weekend

Igor Tudor has spoken to the media for the first time ahead of the north London derby against Arsenal this Sunday (4:30pm).

The crunch showdown will mark Tudor's first game in charge following the sacking of Thomas Frank earlier this month.

The 47‑year‑old Croatian admitted it has been a difficult week, with training affected by a severely depleted squad.

Providing an injury update, he said: "In this particular moment, with 10 injuries, we trained with 13 players.

"It is what is is. It's not fantastic, beautiful but 13 we will have and it is quite enough to achieve what we want on Sunday."

When asked about whether Dominic Solanke would be available, Tudor added: "Probably no, Solanke has some problem with his throat but he made two days training. All the others, some are next week."

FOLLOW OUR TOTTENHAM FB PAGE! Latest Spurs news, analysis and much more via our dedicated Facebook page

Spurs remain without Wilson Odobert (knee), James Maddison (knee), Dejan Kulusevski (knee), Rodrigo Bentancur (thigh), Mohammed Kudus (thigh), Ben Davies (ankle/foot), Lucas Bergvall (ankle/foot), Destiny Udogie (thigh), Kevin Danso (ankle/foot), Richarlison (thigh) and Pedro Porro (thigh).

Meanwhile, Cristian Romero will remain suspended after picking up a red card against Manchester United earlier this month.

Romero is serving a four‑game ban, and Tudor will only be able to call on him for the trip to Liverpool on March 15.

For Sunday's clash, Spurs are set to be without 12 first‑team players. Despite the adversity, Tudor says he is focused on the task ahead, determined to ensure Spurs fight to secure their Premier League status for next season.

"I didn't enjoy because I’m not here to enjoy," he stressed. "I’m here to work. It's the first moment and there’s work to do. It’s a privilege to be here."

He then insisted Spurs will be '100 per cent' a Premier League club next campaign.

Spurs are languishing in 16th place in the Premier League, just five points above the relegation zone. Tudor was appointed on a deal until the end of the season after Frank was sacked just seven months into his tenure in north London.