Nine players set to miss Tottenham vs Everton after triple injury boost emerges

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Remote Image

Roberto De Zerbi has been handed some injury boosts before Tottenham's crucial final Premier League clash against Everton, as Spurs bid to avoid relegation

Tottenham have been handed three injury boosts ahead of their Premier League clash against Everton.

A defeat, while West Ham beat Leeds United, is the only scenario that would see Spurs relegated to the Championship, but Roberto De Zerbi will be able to call on some important players to hopefully stop that from happening.

Dominic Solanke has missed their last three games but is set to return to the squad, with James Maddison also in line to feature as his minutes are managed on the way back from a serious knee injury.

Speaking on the duo, De Zerbi said : "Solanke is available. We have to decide if he starts in the first 11, or not, and Maddison is available. It is always tough to decide before the game how many minutes he can play.

"Of course, he is a different player, a top player for us. But we have to analyse the physical condition, the Italian weather and a lot of things. But both are available."

FOLLOW OUR TOTTENHAM FB PAGE! Latest Spurs news, analysis and much more via our dedicated Facebook page

Djed Spence is also expected to be available despite suffering a broken jaw in the defeat to Chelsea earlier this week.

Tottenham do still have several key players unavailable for their crunch relegation clash, with captain Cristian Romero , who will be in Argentina while the game takes place, injured in De Zerbi's first game.

Ben Davies is also expected to be unavailable but he will be with the team throughout their preparations for the game, as confirmed by De Zerbi.

Dejan Kulusevski, Wilson Odobert, Mohammed Kudus and Xavi Simons are all long-term absentees with the latter rupturing his ACL in the win over Wolves earlier this month.

Though some key personnel remain out, De Zerbi faces some tough decisions over the minutes he gives to Solanke and Maddison on the way back from their respective injuries.

As for Everton, David Moyes will be without at least two big players in Jack Grealish and Jarrad Branthwaite while Idrissa Gueye could return.

On Friday, when speaking about Gueye, the Toffees head coach said: "[He] has been back on the grass. I'd say there's probably a 50-50 chance he could be involved.

"We'll know a bit more once we've trained and seen him over the next couple of days. He's not trained with the team, at the moment, so that's where we're at."

Having missed the last few weeks, it seems more likely that the Senegal international will remain unavailable having also only just potentially returned to team training.