Transfer news LIVE: Alvarez to Arsenal FC twist; Man Utd eye striker deal; double Liverpool boost; Chelsea latest

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Remote Image

Sport | Football

Transfer news LIVE: Alvarez to Arsenal twist; Man Utd eye striker deal; double Liverpool boost; Chelsea latest

Follow all the latest news, rumours and gossip during summer window

Transfer targets: Bradley Barcola, Julian Alvarez and Victor Osimhen

Getty Images

George Flood, Senior Sport Editor @ GeorgeFlood24

Transfer news LIVE!

The summer window is edging towards a dramatic conclusion as Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham push for more signings ahead of the deadline. Arsenal are still in pursuit of Julian Alvarez and have held talks over Victor Osimhen, while the Gunners are stepping up their move for Ezri Konsa amid shock links to Jarell Quansah and Jack Hinshelwood. Arsenal are also said to be keen on Christian Kofane as Gabriel Martinelli, Ethan Nwaneri and Gabriel Jesus head for the exit.

Chelsea are remaining defiant on Enzo Fernandez as Manchester City also target Pedro Neto, while Manchester United have been handed a boost over Eduardo Camavinga as they look at a new striker in Igor Matanovic. Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye were left out of PSG’s squad for the Trophee des Champions on Sunday night in good news for Liverpool, who are trying to sign both players. Tottenham are close to deals for Savinho and Cody Gakpo and have accepted a Juventus offer for Guglielmo Vicario.

Latest transfer news and rumours

Man City set to wrap up two deals

Manchester City are in advanced talks for the signing of Ayyoub Bouaddi, as Rodri closes in on a move to Barcelona.

With just under two weeks until transfer Deadline Day, Man City are expected to be busy and replacing Rodri is set to be a top priority for new head coach Enzo Maresca.

It was reported on Sunday evening, following City’s Community Shield loss to Arsenal that an agreement had been reached with Barcelona for the sale of the Spanish midfielder.

Rodri did not feature in Cardiff, having only returned to training on Friday after an extended post-World Cup break and undergoing minor back surgery.

Although, it would appear that the Spain World Cup winner has already played his final game for the club as his £65million switch to Barcelona is expected to be finalised imminently.

That said, Man City are not wasting any time in lining up a replacement.

According to the BBC, City are in advanced talks with Lille over a move for Bouaddi and want to conclude a transfer this week, before the opening game of the Premier League season against Bournemouth.

Read the full story here!

Getty

London Standard

Benoit Badiashile leaving Chelsea for Napoli loan

Benoit Badiashile is set to secure an imminent exit from Chelsea.

The French defender has been deemed surplus to requirements under new boss Xabi Alonso at Stamford Bridge and entered talks over a switch to Napoli.

Journalist Nicolo Schira insists that deal is now done, with Badiashile heading to the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona on an initial season-long loan worth €3m that includes the option for a permanent €27m transfer next summer.

Napoli apparently plan for Badiashile to undergo a medical on Tuesday, having also held talks over Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus after selling Romelu Lukaku to Fenerbahce.

Getty

How much Juventus could pay for Guglielmo Vicario

Tottenham have agreed a deal with Juventus for goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario, reports Sam Tabuteau.

Standard Sport understands that Vicario will head to Turin on an initial season-long loan that includes the option for a permanent transfer next summer worth £8.5m.

The Italian international - who is travelling for a medical - has been a long-time target for Juventus, but it looked as though they had opted to pursue a move for Emiliano Martinez instead after Aston Villa agreed a deal with Parma for Zion Suzuki.

After negotiations for Martinez fell apart at the weekend, they quickly turned to Vicario in pursuit of a new No1 goalkeeper.

Click here to read the full story

AFP/Getty

Chelsea demand £100m fee for Pedro Neto

Chelsea are demanding a fee of £100m for Pedro Neto, Dom Smith reports.

The Portuguese winger is attracting interest from Saudi Pro League club Al-Hilal, having also been linked with the likes of Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool this summer.

However, Chelsea are not actively looking to sell Neto and would ask for an eye-watering £100m to entertain any prospect of a sale.

Chelsea’s high valuation of Neto has been influenced by the inflated winger market elsewhere in Europe.

Getty

Crystal Palace confirm Tayo Adaramola exit

Crystal Palace defender Tayo Adaramola has joined Belgian Pro League side Cercle Brugge on a permanent deal.

The 22-year-old had been with the Eagles for a decade, first joining the Palace academy aged 12.

His senior debut came in February 2022 in an FA Cup fourth-round win over Stoke.

He has since spent time on loan at RWD Molenbeek, Stockport, Bradford, Leyton Orient and Sheffield Wednesday.

In a statement on their official website, Palace said: “After more than a decade in South London, everyone at the club would like to thank Tayo for his efforts and wish him the very best as he begins this new chapter in the Belgian top flight.”

Getty

Barcelona explore move for Arsenal striker Viktor Gyokeres

Could Viktor Gyokeres swap Arsenal for Barcelona this summer?

The LaLiga giants are on the hunt for a replacement for World Cup final match-winner Ferran Torres, who joined Paris Saint-Germain last week.

With Atletico Madrid shutting the door on any move for dream target Julian Alvarez, Spanish outlet El Chiringuito now report that Barcelona will apparently explore the feasibility of a potential swoop for Arsenal frontman Gyokeres in the coming hours.

Getty

Guglielmo Vicario travelling for Juventus medical

The Guglielmo Vicario to Juventus story has moved along very fast this morning.

The Italian goalkeeper is now expected to travel to Turin today for a medical after Spurs accepted a season-long loan bid that includes the option for a permanent transfer next summer.

According to the Daily Mail, that option to buy is set at £8.5m.

Per Fabrizio Romano, Vicario’s arrival will allow Michele Di Gregorio to leave Juventus on loan after being offered to several clubs including Marseille.

PA

Tottenham accept Juventus bid for Guglielmo Vicario

Tottenham have now accepted a bid from Juventus for Guglielmo Vicario, reports claim.

The Serie A giants have switched focus back to Vicario as their top goalkeeping transfer target after pulling out of negotiations for Aston Villa’s Emiliano Martinez over the weekend, having also been linked with the Villa-bound Zion Suzuki.

David Ornstein of The Athletic reports this morning that Spurs have said yes to a bid from Juventus for the Italy international that takes the form of a season-long loan and includes an option - rather than an obligation - for a permanent transfer next summer.

PA

Zion Suzuki set for Aston Villa medical today

Zion Suzuki is set to complete his move to Aston Villa today.

It was reported yesterday that the Europa League holders had agreed a deal with Serie A side Parma for the Japan international goalkeeper worth around £30m.

Now Fabrizio Romano reports that Suzuki will undergo a medical today ahead of signing a long-term contract at Villa Park.

The move is still happening despite Juventus pulling the plug on a deal for Emiliano Martinez on Sunday and moving their attention back to Tottenham’s Guglielmo Vicario.

AFP/Getty

Curtis Jones and Stefan Bajcetic could leave Liverpool

Curtis Jones and Stefan Bajcetic could both leave Liverpool before the transfer deadline.

Jones has been subject to sustained interest and multiple bids already in this window from Inter Milan, who are now expected to submit another offer after loaning Italy international Davide Frattesi to Serie A rivals Lazio.

It is also being reported that Jones’ fellow Liverpool midfielder Bajcetic - something of a forgotten man at Anfield in recent times after his initial breakthrough - is in talks over a move to LaLiga with Getafe.

Getty

Latest updatesOlder updates