Romano: Tottenham Considering Fourth Signing After Gakpo, Savinho and Marmoush

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Remote Image

Tottenham Hotspur are in talks to bring three attackers to the club before the September 1 transfer deadline, but there could be another signing on the way in addition to those, Fabrizio Romano has told GIVEMESPORT's Market Madness podcast.

Tottenham have been in negotiations over bringing Liverpool attacker Cody Gakpo to London, with the Netherlands international said to be keen on linking up with Roberto De Zerbi in the capital.

It was confirmed on Wednesday evening by David Ornstein that Spurs are also advancing in talks over a double deal to sign Manchester City duo Savinho and Omar Marmoush, as De Zerbi looks to add a new striker to his squad alongside two wingers.

Should Marmoush complete a move to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, it would surely raise further doubts over the future of Richarlison, with the Brazilian recently linked with a move to former club, Everton.

While three attackers are the priority, there are still some areas in De Zerbi's squad that look to need bolstering, even though the north London outfit's defence and midfield have been transformed after their summer business.

One of those positions is right-back, after Djed Spence completed a move to Inter Milan, with Pedro Porro having little competition for his spot.

The likes of Archie Gray can play there if needed, but it would be no surprise if they look at bringing in another option too.

Romano has confirmed that Tottenham are considering doing exactly that, speaking on the latest episode of Market Madness on Wednesday. He said:

Then let's see for the full backs. Maybe if an opportunity appears on the market, Tottenham could be interested after Djed Spence left the club, but that's not a guaranteed signing yet.

Who Could Tottenham Target at Left-Back?

Links with right-backs have been present throughout the summer amid rumours that Spence would leave the club, so we already know some of the players Tottenham could look at in the closing days of the window.

According to top Spurs source Paul O'Keefe on X, Crystal Palace right-back Daniel Munoz is one of their targets, while they have also been linked with a move for Nottingham Forest's Neco Williams previously.

Links with two more Premier League players is unsurprising, given all of their additions so far, plus the three they are currently in talks to sign, have all played in the English top flight.

Williams is coming off of an impressive 2025-26 season with Forest, where he was named player of the season after making 37 Premier League appearances throughout the campaign.

The Wales international put up some impressive numbers, but there is no doubt that Munoz performed at a higher level across many different metrics, both attacking and defending.

Spurs have two more things to consider also, with the first being that this signing will likely be a back-up player to World Cup winner Porro this season.

In addition, while Munoz largely outperformed Williams last season, he is also six years older than the Welshman, and the north London outfit must decide whether they want a player who could have a longer career with them.

Source