Tottenham Official Jets Out of UK for France Star Who De Zerbi Really Wants

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Remote Image

Tottenham Hotspur have sent an official to Italy over France international star Pierre Kalulu following a demand from Roberto De Zerbi, according to Tuttosport.

On the pitch, Tottenham's chances of staying in the Premier League were boosted massively on Sunday without them even kicking a ball.

We know it will either be Spurs or West Ham United dropping into the Championship next season after the likes of Nottingham Forest and Leeds United pulled away from trouble, and it is now looking increasingly likely that it will be the Irons playing in England's second tier in 2026-27.

Nuno Espirito Santo and his side knew they ideally needed to go to St James' Park and beat Newcastle United on Sunday, but instead they were beaten 3-1 and failed to recover from a poor start to the match on Tyneside.

Tottenham now know, thanks to their superior goal difference, that one point from their final two games against Chelsea and Everton should be enough to preserve their Premier League status.

Should the north Londoners lose at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night, the battle will go to the final day with De Zerbi's men hosting the Toffees at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, with West Ham welcoming Leeds to the London Stadium at the same time.

Tottenham Send Official to Watch Pierre Kalulu

According to Tuttosport, the Premier League has a lot of eyes on versatile Juventus defender Pierre Kalulu ahead of the summer transfer window.

The three-cap France international can play at centre-back or right-back and has impressed for the Old Lady this term, with the report labelling it as the best season of his career.

His performances haven't gone unnoticed by teams abroad, and in the Premier League in particular.

The report claims that Manchester United have made initial contact for the Frenchman previously, but now it is Tottenham who sent an official to watch him in action for his side's Serie A clash with Fiorentina on Sunday.

Kalulu is said to be highly-sought after for De Zerbi, who wants to bring him to Spurs this summer.

The match didn't go to plan for Juve, who could now miss out on Champions League football next season following a 2-0 defeat to La Viola.

Pierre Kalulu Unlikely to Leave Juventus

Despite De Zerbi's desire to sign Kalulu, Tuttosport report that it's actually unlikely that he will leave the Turin-based club this summer.

Juve are already said to have started talks with the France international over extending his contract at the Allianz Stadium, until 2030.

The deal would include a significant salary increase from €2.4m per year to €3.8-4m per year for the 25-year-old, with Juve determined to keep hold of their star.

It could be disappointment for De Zerbi, who may need to look elsewhere in his bid to strengthen Tottenham's defence ahead of next season.

Source