thesun.co.uk

Tottenham star Son Heung-min 'blackmailed with fake pregnancy' as police arrest man and woman

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Remote Image
Tottenham star Son Heung-min 'blackmailed with fake pregnancy' as police arrest man and woman - thesun.co.uk
Description

SON HEUNG-MIN contacted police after a man and woman attempted to blackmail him in South Korea, according to reports.

The Tottenham star was allegedly approached by a woman claiming she was pregnant with his child.

A Seoul police station confirmed it had arrested a woman in her 20s on suspicion of extortion.

A man has also been arrested on suspicion of attempted extortion, with the pair claimed to have approached Son demanding money in exchange for staying silent, according to Yonhap News.

Son, 32, does not have a wife or child, and he reportedly contacted police to file a complaint last week.

The pair reportedly attempted to extract several hundred million Korean won from the Tottenham ace.

Son's legal team revealed the woman claimed she fell pregnant with his child last June.

Son has previously dated Korean pop stars Bang Min-ah and Yoo So-young, but he stated he had no plans to settle down until he has retired from football.

He said in 2019: "My father says this and I agree, as well.

"When you marry, the number one will be family, wife and kids, and then football.

"I want to make sure that while I play at the top level, football can be number one.

"You don’t know how long you can play at the top level. When you retire, or when you are 33 or 34, you can still have a long life with your family."

Source

West Ham 1 Tottenham 1: Bowen cancels out Odobert's opener as lacklustre draw leaves both London rivals in bottom five

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Remote Image
West Ham 1 Tottenham 1: Bowen cancels out Odobert as rivals both in bottom five - thesun.co.uk
Description

WEST HAM’S season has fallen so flat they cannot even get up for the visit of their biggest rival.

The Hammers and a much-changed Tottenham played out one of the feeblest London derbies in living memory.

There was no spark, no fight and not even a full-house in the stands.

Graham Potter’s side have nothing to play for, but the fact he cannot get them going for this game – especially after a run of seven without a win beforehand – is cause for concern.

Ange Postecoglou, on the other hand, will be glad to have avoided a record 20th defeat of the season and safely navigated their way past an awkward game between two European semi-finals.

The Aussie made eight changes from Thursday night’s win and would have just wanted the afternoon to pass without incident.

And beyond Jarrod Bowen, whose goal cancelled out Wilson Odobert’s opener, West Ham did nothing to trouble their rivals.

Potter had irked some home fans by wishing Spurs well in Europe ahead of this game and at times his players rolled out the red carpet for them.

For a sense of the apathy which has engulfed West Ham this season, you only needed to look in the stands here.

Tottenham at home is traditionally the biggest game of the year at the London Stadium – but there were empty seats everywhere you looked.

CASINO SPECIAL - BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITS

It made for another flat atmosphere early on, only livened up by the boos which followed Tottenham’s comical goal.

Max Kilman, a £40million signing last summer, twice tried to clear the ball but kicked it straight at Mathys Tel – allowing the Frenchman to square for Odobert to score his first Premier League goal for Spurs.

There was little in the way of quality on display from either side, though the one person who has been reliable for West Ham this season stood up again.

Bowen has been the Hammers’ only effective player for the majority of the season and applied another cool finish to make the most of some sloppy Spurs defending.

Mohammed Kudus spread the ball wide to Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

Allowed to move forwards, the right-back picked out Bowen’s run – something no Spurs defender had managed – allowing the England man to square up Gugilelmo Vicario and roll it through his legs.

It offered West Ham a reminder that Tottenham have been almost as soft a touch as themselves all season.

But for the most part, the Hammers were too disjointed to make chances count, and were keen on handing out encouragement at the other end too.

Jean-Clair Todibo took a swing and a miss at a clearance while Lucas Paqueta rolled a simple pass straight to Richarlison, starting a move which almost led to a second for Spurs.

Paqueta and Kudus both looked ineffective, as did Niclas Fullkrug – back in the side for the first time since calling his side “s***” last month.

The hard work for West Ham was being done by Bowen and Wan-Bissaka, trying to force space down the right.

Though that left gaps, one of which Tel slipped into and drew a save from Alphonse Areola at the near post.

Bowen was trying to push his side ahead, flashing a volley wide of the far post, but too often being undermined by his team-mates.

Paqueta, for a second time, played a simple pass straight to a white shirt which resulted in Aaron Cresswell having to hook behind for a corner.

The Brazilian was having a terrible day, and even started crying after being shown a yellow card for a clear foul on Spurs sub Mikey Moore.

It was another drab day in a poor season for the midfielder, who is still playing under the cloud of an FA investigation into spot-fixing allegations.

Potter made sweeping changes but saw no benefit, while Spurs were simply ticking over now – Pape Sarr having a go from range and just putting one over.

West Ham had no energy or inspiration, Tottenham were happy to save theirs for Thursday.

It was still only Bowen refusing to accept the point for the hosts and the skipper saw a stooping header well saved by Vicario.

James Ward-Prowse had swung in a dangerous free-kick to set up that chance up and also whistled an effort just wide of the post from a dead ball in the dying minutes.

Potter has warned that he is ready to make huge changes to the squad this summer.

It would be hard to argue against selling everyone but Bowen on the evidence of games like this.

Source

Xavi new favourite to replace Ange Postecoglou as Tottenham tipped to make stunning swoop for ex-Barcelona manager

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Remote Image
Xavi becomes shock new favourite to be next Spurs boss as odds SLASHED - thesun.co.uk
Description

BARCELONA legend Xavi is the new favourite to replace Ange Postecoglou at Tottenham should he leave at the end of this season.

Postecoglou, 59, has spoken of feeling like he is in "parallel worlds” as Spurs simultaneously sit 16th in the Premier League whilst also being in the final four of the Europa League.

But, despite the prospect of European glory, their terrible form domestically has caused many Spurs fans to call for him to be sacked.

Postecoglou's side face Bodo/Glimt in their semi-final first leg tonight and have the chance to win a first trophy since the League Cup in 2008.

With the prospect of a 'back door' route into the Champions League, this competition is a lifeline for Postecoglou to save his job.

However, it would not be a surprise if he were to leave anyway come the end of this season after a tumultuous campaign.

There are a substantial list of potential suitors if Postecoglou gets the boot including Bournemouth’s Andoni Iraola (6/1) and Fulham’s Marco Silva (6/1) who have both enjoyed successful seasons.

Brentford manager Thomas Frank is also short in the market at 5/1 after yet another impressive season in west London.

But the former Barcelona boss Xavi, 45, has had his odds slashed with BetVictor into 2/1 from 33/1 to be appointed.

Former Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino is second favourite at 11/4 to return to the club after being sacked in 2019, the season after he took Spurs to a Champions League final.

CASINO SPECIAL - BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITS

But Pochettino only took over the USA national team last year and will be hoping to lead them into a home World Cup next summer.

Xavi won four Champions League titles and eight La Liga crowns as a player with Barcelona and returned to the club as a manager in 2021.

After retiring as a player in 2019, Xavi managed Al Saad in the Qatar Stars League before his move back to his boyhood club.

He guided Barcelona to a league title in 2022-23, but was sacked by the Catalan giants in 2023 following a disappointing run of results.

Source